We will discuss the various game strategies to be used in the various phases of the Free Rolls and how to best optimize this important gaming experience.
In fact, adapting one’s game strategies to the particular nature of the Free Rolls and to the average skill level of the participants, is central to being able to try to bring home some good placements or get to the bubble .
How to play Pre Flop in the early stages of the Texas Hold’em Poker Freeroll
Unfortunately, since there are many players, and being the level of play of many of them not very high, you will hardly be able to remove many players from the pot with a standard raise , so follow these tips based on the cards at your disposal and on the position in which you are.:
- In fact, if Pre-Flop the dealer should give you AA, KK, QQ or AK, no matter what position you are in, you go all-in .
- If you find yourself in middle-position or late-position, you go all-in with a JJ and AQ, as long as no one has raised before you.
- With the lowest pairs (2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5,6-6) you should raise if you are in middle position and late position at about 4 big blinds (or even more), in the in case no one has already raised.
- If you are in middle-position , you can even see the flop with a speculative hand , provided no one has already raised.
- Limpate (pay only the big blind ) if you have 2, 5, 4, 3, 2, with AK, AQ and AJ and so-calledmedium-high suited connectors (cards of the same suit in direct succession like 7 and 6 or Q and J) .
How to play post Flop in the early stages of Texas Hold’em Poker Freerolls
On the flop the choice becomes the correct game action is more complex, our advice is as follows:
- if on the flop you hit a two pair or a higher value hand , regardless of where you are you go all-in ;
- with a good flush draw (at least one flush draw ) or a two-sided straight draw you can only go all-in if other players have already invested more chips.
- on the other hand, if you have a top-pair in your hand, you must go all-in only if there are at most two opponents left, otherwise play carefully and don’t hesitate to fold.
How to play in the final round of the Texas Hold’em Poker Freeroll
The final phase of a Free Roll begins when your stack is made up of at least 20-25 big blinds and from now on the only strategy to adopt is to raise or fold .
As soon as a player raises, regardless of his position, go all-in if you have good cards, otherwise fold without hesitation, as calling in this is never a good choice.
Your gaming decisions must take into account the following factors:
- check the stack of other players (keep track of players with small stacks and only challenge them when you have good points in hand).
- stay away from players who use an aggressive style of play and have a bigger stack than yours, you should only face them if you have a good hand.